Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Blue Cheese Herb Spread

I found this recipe in a small allrecipes magazine (p.16) I received and I just had to try it. I figured with this combination of herbs, cream cheese, and blue cheese, I had nothing to lose. Result? Wow, it was just as I hoped! One of the best cheese ball-type dips I've had. And my three-year-old must take after me in his love of blue cheese because he loved it as much as I did. So this is destined to become a new favorite...

Note: The original recipe calls for 2 Tb. walnuts, which I did not include because my mother is allergic to them and I don't like them.

Blue Cheese Herb Spread

2 Tb. chopped fresh parsley (or 1/2 Tb. dry parsley flakes)
2 Tb. chopped fresh chives
1/2 c. blue cheese, crumbled
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cold

Place parsley and chives in bowl, add blue cheese and mix.

Place cream cheese in bowl of food processor (or small mixer) and process until smooth.

Add herb mixture to cream cheese and process until thoroughly blended.

Noe: Can be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered tightly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...