Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, September 30, 2011

Hand Grinders

I love our electric wheat grinder and use it weekly.  But in the event of a long-term power outage, we would need a hand grinder to continue using our wheat.  So, those of you with hand grinders: What brand do you have and use?  What style is it?  Do you like it?

In my online research I've seen that there are a lot of options in type and price and don't know what would be best.  I'd like to get as much feedback as possible so as to make an informed decision for our family.

Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I have a hand grinder and still wish that I had an electric one. I honestly can't remember the brand name. It was a gift from my in-laws. I think they might have gotten it though the church website. Anyway, it's pretty basic. It clamps to the counter top. It has a metal hand crank and a large funnel at the top. There are very few parts. The wheat gets ground between two metal pieces. Pretty basic. Easy to use and good exercise too! :)

Katrina said...

Does it take two or three times running the grain through to get it fine enough? That's one thing I keep reading on reviews that people have a hard time with (and I would too).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...