Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, December 5, 2011

Secrets for the Perfect Pie Crust

Making pie crust is not my favorite activity and is actually something I historically have tried to avoid. As a result, I haven't had the kind of practice that would help me make beautiful, flaky, delicious crust. But this Thanksgiving, I wanted the crust on my pumpkin pie to be as good as possible, so I looked up tips online to see what I could learn. I knew from my aunt's pie crust recipe that making it with butter rather than Crisco greatly improves the taste, but without a lot of experience, I wasn't sure I could make that work and look pretty, since such pastry falls easily when baked. I found this website with step-by-step instructions, photos, and explanations as to why these steps are important. It made perfect sense and I learned a lot! I wished I'd known this stuff a long time ago.

So in your holiday baking, if you don't already know these secrets, be sure to check them out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...