Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Home Remedy for Sinusitis

I've recently suffered from back-to-back colds and was happy to discover an essential oils remedy on my aunt's blog just when I needed it. I tried it out and was very pleased. Since it really felt good, lessened my sinus pressure, and seemed to shorten  my recovery time quite a bit, I share it with you. My aunt found it on this site, where the author explains how he came up with the "recipe."

The original recipe calls for 3-4 drops each of thyme, cinnamon, and clove oils in one cup of gently boiling water. While the water boils, inhale the steam for a few minutes.

Neither my aunt nor I have thyme, so we substituted oregano oil instead. As oregano is so highly potent, we opted to use only 1 drop of it, and I used only 2 drops each of cinnamon and OnGuard (since I don't have clove by itself).

Ah, lovely...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...