Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, October 4, 2010

Homemade Barbecue Sauce

There are so many pre-made barbecue sauces out there, and many you can buy for cheap. But many of them also have extra ingredients that aren't desirable. If you make your own you can tweak it anyway you want to, make it hotter or more mild, according to your family's taste. This is a classic family recipe that makes the best barbecued spare ribs ever!

BBQ Sauce (for spare ribs)

1 onion
1 c. ketchup (preferably corn syrup free)
1 1/4 c. cider or water
1-2 Tb. vinegar
2 Tb. brown sugar (or 1 Tb. honey)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 Tb. Worcestershire sauce
dash cayenne pepper

3 comments:

Morgan Lindsay said...

I love barbecue sauce... when I get back to Ohio I need to see if I can make it....
Oh yeah! Guess what? I'm in Utah right this moment! It's not for the best reason though - my great grandma Rose died last week and we came for the funeral (yesterday). We're leaving tomorrow... But I'll have been in the same state as you have been for a few days! Wooh! I'll be here next summer as well... probably at my grandpa's again (we're staying in Sandy, UT currently).

Katrina said...

Oh! So close yet so far away! Well, I hope it was nice to get together with family, all things considered, and that you have a safe trip back. Does this comment mean you want to enter the giveaway?

Morgan Lindsay said...

oh um sure I haven't read that post yet lol I just thought barbeque sauce sounded really good right them and I hadn't had the time to read many blogs lately

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...