Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm in Love...

With this salad.

I've had similar salads before, but something about this salad the last couple of weeks has had me in raptures. I enjoyed it so much at Thanksgiving dinner that I replicated it at home. And I even found some store-bought salad dressing that is MSG-free with all natural ingredients (Brianna's)--not that I couldn't have made my own. At Thanksgiving I enjoyed it with honey mustard dressing; at home I enjoyed it with poppy seed dressing. I love how versatile salads can be! And this one has such a pretty color combination as well...

Cranberry-Almond-Feta Salad

Salad base:

Green leaf lettuce, torn
Spinach, torn
cucumbers, sliced
tomatoes, sliced

Over the top sprinkle:

green onions, diced
original feta cheese, crumbled
dried cranberries
candied almonds, crushed
salad dressing of choice

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Eric and Jessi said...

Brianna's dressing is the best! pricey, but good!

Katrina said...

Yes, pricey is the reason I've never given it a second glance before. So homemade is still a lot more economical. :)

Nataly Harris said...

Going to give this a try! Always need great salad ideas!

Carolyn said...

I love yummy light salads! I wish I could get my family to eat them. Do your kids like salad?

Katrina said...

My 6-year-old will usually eat them, but my almost 3-year-old won't yet. We'll keep trying...

jcgk said...

By candied almonds do you mean Jordan almonds or tose cinnamon sugar ones you get around Christmas?

Katrina said...

I suppose whatever is your preference. I got a small bag of butter toffee almonds and put some in my blender to grind them up so I could sprinkle them over the top.

Denae said...

You can make your own candied almonds. Look here: http://thescratchpatch.blogspot.com/2011/04/strawberry-salad-with-candied-almonds.html

Katrina said...

I know, I just never have. So thanks for the recipe! Yum...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...