Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More About Red Raspberry Leaf

Now that I've reached the last four weeks of my pregnancy, it's time to again increase my intake of Red Raspberry Leaf. So I've been doing some more research on it, and once again I am amazed. This is truly an incredible herb.

I've posted twice before about RRL (here and here), but I recently found some more information about it at this blog that is even more extensive than what BirthSource.com lists. And let me reiterate that while it is especially beneficial for pregnant women--for many different reasons--it is not only for pregnancy, nor is it exclusively for women. (For example, one cool thing about it is it can lower blood sugar levels in diabetics.)

This time around I loved learning (or relearning) that RRL has:

-Rich concentrations of vitamin C
-Vitamin E
-Easily assimilated calcium and iron
-Manganese and magnesium
-Vitamin A
-Vitamin B complex
-Many minerals including phosphorous and potassium

Also, I learned that "Studies show that women taking RRL have a reduced incidence of artificial rupture of membranes, forceps delivery, or cesarean." Awesome!

In addition, the author of the above blog lists ideas of where to buy RRL (whether you prefer loose leaf tea, tea bags, or capsules). Like me, the author believes that tea is the most easily assimilated and immediate method of ingesting RRL, and she also gives directions on the proper way to make the tea, if you've never done it before, as well as a general guide of how much to drink. (Oh, and she even wrote a followup of the dramatic difference she experienced between the labor experience of her first child and that of her second, due in large part to RRL.)

So, whatever your stage in life, whether you are male or female, if you don't know the specs about Red Raspberry Leaf, educate yourself today! Hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks this stuff is fascinating...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...