Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, October 17, 2011

Fresh Salsa Revisited

Where I live we have already had our first freeze (*sniff*), which means that all the corn and tomatoes were harvested before that. I ended up with a plethora of tomatoes others had given us (since our own didn't work this year) and was racking my brain for a way to use a lot of them quickly without canning them. Then I remembered my favorite fresh salsa, which I hadn't made for a long time. So I made a big batch of it, using up almost all the tomatoes, and my husband and I gobbled it up. I just can't get over how yummy it is! (And this time around, I discovered that it really is best made with red wine vinegar instead of white vinegar, which I had never had to be able to use before.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...