Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Harvest of Gratitude

This year as Thanksgiving has been approaching, it has struck me more than ever before why it is so appropriate that we have this tradition of giving thanks at this time of the year with an abundance of food. I guess my family, in a sense, lived closer to the land this summer, as our garden was the biggest we've had so far. And since a good portion of it was root vegetables, which are now in storage, I have felt the tremendously gratifying feeling that comes from providing for one's own family and preparing for a "rainy" day. This year, more than ever, I feel the spirit of thanksgiving and the desire to celebrate my gratitude with family and friends. I've never thought about it quite that way before.

May you also feel that special feeling and enjoy this beautiful tradition with your loved ones!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...