Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sweet Pasta Salad (and Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing)

I found this recipe on the back of a pasta box and thought it sounded good, so I gave it a try last week. Turns out I had to do some tweaking to give it the contrast of flavors I was looking for, but the result was yummy. We will definitely be repeating this one! (Note: This was made to feed 10 people, so if you're feeding fewer you may want to cut it down by half...)

Sweet Pasta Salad

About 24 oz. whole wheat pasta (this time around I used multi-colored)
1 c. raisins
1 c. blue cheese, crumbled
6 c. apples, chopped
1 1/3 (or a little less) light raspberry vinaigrette*
1/2 c. thinly chopped leek or other onion
1 c. hazelnuts, toasted (optional) (I loved it with salted cashews!)

If you want homemade raspberry vinaigrette, as I did, below is my aunt Kristin's tasty recipe:

*Raspberry (or Fruit) Vinaigrette Dressing

1 c. olive oil
2 Tb. apple cider
4 big spoons of raspberry, cranberry-raspberry, or apple-cherry frozen juice concentrate
1 1/2 tsp. Grey Poupon (or other) Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...