Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, September 20, 2013

Baked Taco Dip

I tried this dish at a recipe exchange I attended and loved it so much! Then when I made it for my family, they loved it too. It's hearty, delicious, nutritious, and filling. 

Because we didn't have tortilla chips at the time, I broiled quesadillas in the oven (till they were browned and crispy--almost like chips) and omitted cheese in the recipe. Then I cut the quesadillas into triangles with a pizza cutter.

Baked Taco Dip

1 lb. ground beef (can omit altogether)
1 15 oz. can refried beans (or make your own)
1 small can diced chiles (or parboil fresh diced chiles--about 1/4 c.)
1 tsp. homemade taco seasoning mix
1 c. sour cream
1 c. frozen corn

Cook ground meat, add remaining ingredients, heat through.

Place in oven proof pan, top with 2 c. shredded cheese.

Heat until cheese is bubbly.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...