Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Taco Seasoning Mix from Scratch

Wanting an option other than a pre-made taco seasoning mix with tons of sodium and all sorts of additives, I remembered the Italian Dressing recipe I found a while back that we have enjoyed so much. So I went looking and found this recipe the other day on diylife.com and tried it out. It's excellent, so I thought I'd pass it on. In this case I didn't actually use much meat, but needed the seasoning for a slightly different version of my tortilla soup recipe, to make it more taco-y.

Taco Seasoning
(for 1 lb. of meat)

2 tsp. chili powder
1.5 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. unrefined sea salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
dash of ground cayenne pepper
freshly ground black pepper to taste
(If you like it spicy, add more cayenne)

1 comment:

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

fabulous! I've actully been looking for this...because I don't want the msg in every taco seasoning. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...