Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, August 24, 2012

Garden in a Glance, II

Today's "Garden in a Glance" is tomatoes. 
I'm so excited about these because they are the best tomato plants I've ever been able to grow. I guess the combination of the early, hotter summer, the dry weather (of course, I water them regularly), the location, and the perfect soil (brand new Mel's Mix) combined to give us a beautiful tomato crop this year.



 I have 20 plants (16 shown here) and most of them have gotten huge, with amazingly thick stalks. We've just started harvesting them, since they're finally starting to ripen. I've thus reintroduced "real" tomatoes to my children, proving to them that there really is NO COMPARISON between store-bought tomatoes and the home-grown variety.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...