Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, May 14, 2010

Why Raw Honey?

I wrote about some of the amazing health benefits of honey here and would now like to offer some resources for those interested in learning the differences between raw and commercialized honey. If you are using commercialized honey, you are not getting nearly as much benefit from it (if any) as you would if using raw honey, which is what my family has always used (though ours is filtered--I'm not one to enjoy bees' wings in my honey:)). Below are some sites that I have found educational:

Lavender Bee Farm
Raw Honey is Best
Artisanal Honey

3 comments:

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

I'm a firm believer in raw everything(mostly). Most everything has more benefit in it's natural state.

In an effort to make us more safe the government has actually made us worse off. Processing everything. Sorry you know all this already. You always post great things! Thanks Katrina!!

Cassie said...

I am a life-long allergy sufferer and not just the seasonal allergies. You name it, and I am probably allergic to it. No, it's not quite that bad, but it is pretty close. =)

I have had a few people tell me recently to try to use raw honey to help with my allergies. Now, I have seen your posts too. I guess I need to take the clues from people around me and just do it. =)

Katrina said...

Cassie, honey sure is a yummy way to combat allergies! I think it works gradually after time, though, so for those with major allergy issues, it probably wouldn't help enough by itself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...