- Is made up of vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and antioxidants, among other good things. (details here and here)
- Is a bifidobacteria that aids in digestion. (details here and here)
- Helps the body absorb minerals such as calcium. (details)
- Never expires! Bacteria can’t grow in honey because it has a low water content and a relatively high acidic level, which creates a low pH environment. (details)
- Is not just for internal use. Being hygroscopic, it is also great for the skin and hair. (details)
- Is antibacterial, so it’s great for wound care. (details)
- Can boost energy, build the immune system, and is a natural remedy for some ailments (like arthritis and allergies). (details)
- 1 Tb. of honey has 64 calories and 1 Tb. of sugar has 46 calories, so honey does have more calories than sugar. However, since honey is sweeter than sugar, we use less of it. Click here for more information on the differences between honey and sugar.
If you need a little help finding a honey distributor in your area, try this website. I'm sure not every distributor is listed here, but it's a starting point. You can also do an internet search for "local honey" or "bees" and the name of your city or state.