Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, January 14, 2011

Oven Roasted Kabocha Squash

I had never heard of Kabocha squash before I received one in a recent Bountiful Basket. (In my opinion, that's one of the joys of these baskets because we get to try things we might not otherwise ever buy.)

So, as usual when I need to know more or to get ideas, I went to the internet. I honed in on a particular, simple recipe for oven roasted kabocha squash on a food blog I'd never been to before, but which greatly impressed me. (And apparently I'm not the only one, because she's received a couple of impressive awards.) Tiny Urban Kitchen is a fun foodie blog to explore and use to get more ideas, particularly for those of us who don't eat a lot of meat.

But I digress. I included the blog's links above because, while my husband and I enjoyed this recipe as much as the blog's author, ours didn't turn out nearly so pretty, nor will our camera take such picturesque photos. So I'll let you do the perusing...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...