Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Friday, February 18, 2011

Homemade Barbecue Sauce (for Chicken)

Here is the family recipe I used for the barbecued chicken (turkey) sandwiches I made, as mentioned previously. Since I had shredded turkey already cooked, I just mixed together the sauce (below) in my crock pot, added a small diced onion, and set the pot on high for a couple of hours (though this long probably isn't necessary, since only the onion needed to cook). Then 45 minutes to an hour before dinner time, I added the semi-frozen turkey to the pot, mixed it all in, and that was it.

Barbecue Sauce (for Chicken)

(As opposed to the one for spare ribs)

1 c. ketchup (preferably corn syrup free)
1 c. water
1 Tb. salt
2 Tb. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tb. vinegar
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 black pepper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...