Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, February 28, 2011

$35 a Month and Other Topics

For the last day of my blog's anniversary month, I wanted to do a little review on topics I posted last year at this time, for those of you who may have joined us later in the game, or for anyone who needs a reminder (including myself):
  • How a family of four can happily live on a $35/week grocery budget. (Fortunately we're not in as dire straits as we were a year ago and have a little more leeway in our grocery budget now, but the principles are still the same and I am still very frugal.) This is what provided the impetus for starting Katrina's Kitchen in the first place.
  • A typical daily meal plan and a typical grocery bill. A couple of the items on this last year's grocery bill I don't buy anymore, which shows me I'm learning and improving too.
  • The philosophy behind regularly making homemade 100% whole wheat bread.
  • The bread recipe.
  • Health reasons for regularly adding beans to your diet. (Also, under "topics" in the right hand side, click on beans for some of our favorite bean recipes.)
  • Answers to bean FAQs (including how to cook them).
  • Budget Saver Tips #1, #2, #3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...