- How a family of four can happily live on a $35/week grocery budget. (Fortunately we're not in as dire straits as we were a year ago and have a little more leeway in our grocery budget now, but the principles are still the same and I am still very frugal.) This is what provided the impetus for starting Katrina's Kitchen in the first place.
- A typical daily meal plan and a typical grocery bill. A couple of the items on this last year's grocery bill I don't buy anymore, which shows me I'm learning and improving too.
- The philosophy behind regularly making homemade 100% whole wheat bread.
- The bread recipe.
- Health reasons for regularly adding beans to your diet. (Also, under "topics" in the right hand side, click on beans for some of our favorite bean recipes.)
- Answers to bean FAQs (including how to cook them).
- Budget Saver Tips #1, #2, #3
Monday, February 28, 2011
$35 a Month and Other Topics
For the last day of my blog's anniversary month, I wanted to do a little review on topics I posted last year at this time, for those of you who may have joined us later in the game, or for anyone who needs a reminder (including myself):