Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, August 29, 2011

Winter Squash

(photo courtesy of Wikipedia, here.)
I have always loved spaghetti squash and have enjoyed other types of winter squash as well, but until this year we had never grown any of our own. Now, having recently harvested our 10th spaghetti squash, I decided I'd better research how best to store it, so that all these squash last as long as possible (preferably until we've been able to eat them all).

I found this website, concurring with the information on other sites, which explained how to "cure" winter squash and why. Good thing I read up on it! I didn't know this. Supposedly spaghetti squash store well up to 3 months, which is shorter than I was hoping, but I guess we'll see how ours do.

My favorite way to eat this squash has always been like regular spaghetti, but one little internet search revealed to me many more mouth-watering options. Now if I can just find one my kids will eat without complaining...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...