Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, August 8, 2011

Cheesy Cauliflower Bake

Wanting to try something different with the cauliflower we received in a Bountiful Basket (I usually make it into this soup), I experimented with an idea I found online. It was so simple I figured I couldn't go wrong. My kids tried it and weren't real excited (I still have trouble getting them to eat many vegetables), but my husband and I really liked it. Maybe if I put more cheese next time, my kids will be suckered into it...

After cutting up the cauliflower into the size I wanted (small, so it would cook faster), I put it all on a cookie sheet and drizzled olive oil over the top.

Then I sprinkled a couple of my favorite spices over that (garlic salt and pepper, I think), then sprinkled shredded cheese over that.

Lastly, I cooked it in a 350 degree oven for 30+ minutes, until tender.

Now I have another cauliflower and am wondering, what are your favorite ways to eat this unique vegetable?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenni said...

this is one of my favorite things to do with cauliflower http://brightonkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/01/cauliflower-soup.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...