Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beef (and Zucchini?!) Enchiladas

The other night I was looking for an enchilada recipe that included ground beef, as it had been a few days since we'd had any red meat (for my oldest daughter's benefit), and I was in the mood for enchiladas. When I found this recipe, I got a bonus because it also included a veggie--zucchini--and I am always looking for ways to include more vegetables in our dinners, in ways that my girls will eat them (the baby eats everything). I had never thought of putting zucchini in an enchilada, but I was certainly willing to try it!

Verdict? My second daughter wouldn't try any (she's not a fan of tortillas), but her older sister liked it and my husband and I thought it was delicious. I especially like the homemade enchilada sauce (and the fact that I could include more zucchini than ground beef with no problem).

Note: Since I had shredded zucchini in the freezer, I used that instead of diced, as the recipe calls for.

I didn't include a picture here because the pictures at the original site are so beautiful, you really should check them out. In fact, since I didn't modify anything, why don't you just mosey on over there for the entire recipe...?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...