Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Homemade Vegetable Dill Dip (and Beau Monde Spice Mix)

A friend made this for us quite a while ago and it was so good I was surprised it didn't have any MSG. I recently made it for my family and, for the first time, my four-year-old ate a few carrot and cucumber sticks! If vegetable dip helps my kids eat more raw veggies (and me too, for that matter), I'm all for it!

Vegetable Dill Dip

1 c sour cream
1 c mayonnaise
1 Tbs dried dill weed
1 Tbs minced onion
1 Tbs dried parsley
1 tsp Beau Monde seasoning*
I typically add an additional 1/2 tsp or so of Beau Monde and some extra dill weed at the end, to taste, to increase the flavor.

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

* This can be found in the spice isle, premixed, thanks to Spice Island (and other companies). Or you can make your own mix, like I did (see below), if you already have lots of spices on hand.

Beau Monde Spice Mix

1 Tb. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tb. salt
1 Tb. ground bay leaf
1 Tb. ground allspice
2 Tb. ground pepper
1 Tb. ground white pepper
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground mace
1 tsp. celery seed

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...