Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Monday, August 16, 2010

Review of My New Yogurt Maker

A couple weeks ago I wrote a post about how CSN Stores asked me to do a product review for them. They gave me a budget within which to keep my "purchase" and I made my choice, feeling like it was Christmas! As you may recall, I chose a yogurt maker and was excited about the prospect of eating homemade yogurt again (which I hadn't had since I was a child).

Well, I am happy to report that the entire transaction with CSN was a pleasure from beginning to end. Everything I was told was true and I had no hangups in ordering my product. I have ordered many items online and am used to seeing confirmation emails after paying for the product. But with CSN I received a second email to let me know my order was being processed and the date by which I could expect to receive it. A couple days later I received a third email telling me my order had been shipped. I appreciated knowing exactly where they were in the process and when I could expect to receive my package (since I was so anxious to get it). And then it arrived a day early! Which just happened to be on my husband's and my anniversary. :)

It has been a week and already I have made yogurt twice. It's been delicious, fun, and just plain feels good to eat, the way probiotics do. I love that I can now make yogurt for my lactose-intolerant child from her lactose-free milk, so she doesn't have to be excluded anymore. And I love that I can make whatever flavor I fancy.

My only complaint is concerning the instructions in the yogurt maker manual. After my experience and the mistakes I have made so far, I would rewrite it to be more clear. (So if you happen to order this same maker and have questions about it, feel free to email me.) Other than that, I have only positive things to say about this product.

I would have to say that my favorite feature about the YoLife yogurt maker is its versatility. As you can see by the picture above, it comes with two covers, so if you prefer to use your own (taller) jars you can. One of my pet peeves is feeling manipulated or restricted by a company I have ordered something from, so I am delighted by this product which gives me the freedom to do things my own way. Oh, and it also comes with a 5-year warranty. What's not to love?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...