Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe--Revamped

The mother of my very good friend passed along this recipe to me years ago and I decided the other day to modify it to be sugarless and use whole wheat flour--with the exception of the chocolate chips. It turned out great and my kids loved them! (I also love that it's such a simple recipe to whip up.)

Sugarless Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. shortening (I use butter, of course)
3/4 c. honey
1 tsp. hot water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 c. oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Beat shortening and honey until smooth.

Add eggs, blend well.

Add water and vanilla and blend.

Add oats and dry ingredients.

Drop onto greased* cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

*I greased the pans for the first batch and the cookies spread way too much, so I didn't add any more grease for the second batch (and actually wiped some of it off) and they turned out much better. With all the butter in this recipe I'm really not sure the pans need to be greased at all...

1 comment:

Nataly Harris said...

Ok, I have to try these ASAP! I'm all about sugarless and whole wheat four...thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...