Creamy, Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
2 Tb. butter
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
2 c. chicken broth
1 head cauliflower or broccoli
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
8 oz. (2 c.) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place cut-up veggies in large pot with chicken broth and cook, covered.
- While veggies are boiling, melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add flour, salt, and mustard, and cook a couple minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add milk and stir until smooth (can also blend in blender, if preferred).
- Once veggies are tender, add white sauce to the pot and gently boil a few more minutes.
- Add shredded cheese.