Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions and Saying No

Since January is the most universal time to make resolutions for the new year, I have been reflecting on what changes my family may need to make as we continue our quest to be healthier, greener, and more self-sufficient. I don't know if my list last year helped anyone focus on what their family needed to do, but it is a good reminder for me of what to continue.

I also saw this article online that offers a valuable tip which I had not thought of in quite these terms before. Sometimes--more often than we realize--it is just as important to know (and plan) when to say no as it is to plan all the things we're going to do: "Focusing our energies--and goals--on what we should NOT be doing in the coming year can have just as positive an effect on our productivity, not to mention well-being." A "Stop-Doing" List sounds like a great idea to me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...