Recipes and Tips for Healthier Living and Smarter Budgeting

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Zucchini Bread

I originally posted this recipe a couple years ago. Since it continues to be a Family Favorite, I'm reposting it now, with an updated picture. Don't finish up zucchini season without making this at least once!

Original post:
This is--so far--the only guaranteed way I've found to get my kids to eat (and enjoy) zucchini. I'll continue trying other ways--which my husband and I like--but for now, thank goodness for this recipe! It makes a good dessert, yet is healthy enough for a snack or even breakfast.

ZUCCHINI BREAD
Makes 2 loaves

3 eggs
1 c. oil
1 c. honey
3 tsp. vanilla
2 c. grated zucchini
3 c. whole wheat flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)

Beat eggs. Add honey, grated zucchini, vanilla, and oil. Mix well.

Add dry ingredients, mix well. Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until done.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Dutton's said...

Hi Katrina,
Have you tried adding it to fruit smoothies? I also have a recipe for zuchinni/potato pancakes-you can't even tell it's in there. Let me know if you're interested.

Katrina said...

Yes, I'm interested!

Marilyn Ehlers said...

I've found that grated zucchini is terrific in spaghetti sauce. You honestly cannot tell it's there. You could do the same with meatloaf or lasagne or most anything that requires a sauce. Won't your kids eat it in mac and cheese? I never had a problem with my own kids. They ate it regardless of how it was prepared. Guess I was lucky.

Katrina said...

Hey, that's a great idea to put it in sauces! I'll have to try that soon. If they know it's in there, they have issues, so I have to be really sneaky. Growing up I always ate it in everything all summer, too, so I don't know what the deal is with my kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...